Visa of the Republic of Uzbekistan
According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support is issued on the basis of application of the inviting organization, company and persons who are permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan and submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
List of required documents to invite foreigners by organizations and companies:
- Visa application on Head letter of organizations and companies;
- E-form of the site evisa.mfa.uz;
- Copies of passports of the invited person, head of the organization, authorized person of organization to submit the documents;
- Copies of documents of the organization ( license, certificate, etc.);
- Copies of orders to the head and the authorized person;
- Copy of Power of Attorney for the authorized person;
- For arrival visa at the airport "Tashkent" should be provided copies of tickets;
- Certificate of employment of the invited person.
To apply for an investment visa, the inviting organization with foreign investment, in addition to above mentioned documents, also submits one of the following certificates:
- on the size of the purchased shares of business entities (issues by the State Enterprise “Central Securities Depository”);
- on the size of an equity shares of business entities, as well as on the creation of enterprises with foreign investments in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan (issues by the Public Services Agency under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan and its territorial branches).
List of required documents to invite foreigners by persons:
- Visa application form;
- E-form of the site evisa.mfa.uz;
- Copies of passports of the invited and the inviting person;
- An original invitation issued by the authorities of internal affairs of Uzbekistan;
- Copies of documents confirming relationship between invited and the inviting person;
- For arrival visa at the airport "Tashkent" should be provided copies of tickets.
Processing of visa application is up to 10 working days if documents have been submitted due to the established order.
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents to the diplomatic representation or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad:
· passport or document of stateless person, expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 months;
· 2 copies of duly completed visa application form;
· 2 passport-size colored photos.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries where there is no diplomatic representation or consular mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan can get visas upon arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport. In this case the inviting physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in due order, get visa confirmation (stamp) of the Visa Division of the Consular Department and forward it to the invited person. This confirmation should be shown by invited person while buying an air-ticket and passing through passport control and the visa shall be issued on its basis on arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
· up to 7 days — $40;
· up to 15 days — $50;
· up to 30 days — $60;
· up to 3 months — $80;
· up to 6 months — $120;
· up to 1 year — $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
· up to 6 months — $150;
· up to 1 year — $250.
c) For transit visas:
· up to 72 hours — $40;
· double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 5 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
· up to 15 days — $15 per person;
· up to 30 days — $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will also be paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
Visa regulations for some countries
1. A bilateral visa-free regime has been established with Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Tajikistan (up to 30 days), Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
2. A visa-free regime is introduced for 30 days period for citizens of Andorra Principality, Australian Union, Austrian Republic, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam State, Canada, Czech Republic, Federative Republic of Brazil, Federal Republic of Germany, Finland Republic, French Republic, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Hungary, Greek Republic, Israel, Indonesia, Ireland, Iceland, Italian Republic, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Principality of Monaco, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Kingdom of Denmark, the Kingdom of Spain, the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Norway, the Kingdom of Sweden, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Portugal Republic, Republic of Bulgaria, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Korea, Republic of Malta, Republic of Poland, Republic of San Marino, Republic of Serbia, Singapore, Republic of Slovenia, Republic of Croatia, Republic of Chile, Romania, Slovak Republic, Republic of Turkey, Swiss Confederation, Republic of Estonia, Japan, UAE, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland , Vatican.
The visa-free regime applies to citizens of these countries, holders of all categories of passports (diplomatic, service and civil) planning to visit the Republic of Uzbekistan for up to 30 days, regardless of the purpose of their trip. In order to enter the country, a person must have a valid national passport or another substitute document used for travel to foreign countries.
The visa-free regime does not apply to stateless persons permanently residing in the territories of these countries.
Accordingly, the visa-free regime is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into Uzbekistan. Before the end of the 30-day visa-free stay period, a foreign citizen must leave the Republic of Uzbekistan. Exceeding the 30-day visa-free stay is recognized as violation of the Rules of stay of foreign citizens in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Accordingly, if it is necessary to stay in Uzbekistan for more than 30 days, a foreign citizen must obtain an entry visa to the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the established procedure, corresponding to the purpose of his trip.
3. Visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for foreign citizens up to 16 year old with biometric travel document. In this case they must be accompanied by legal representatives and they can stay in Uzbekistan for the duration of the visa of the accompanying person, but not more than ninety days since the date of entry into the country.
4. A visa-free regime is established with China, Hungary, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan (up to 30 days), India, the Republic of Korea and Vietnam (up to 60 days), Brazil, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Estonia, Kuwait and Turkey (up to 90 days). Citizens of these countries (except India) who hold diplomatic passports and are accredited as employees of diplomatic missions or consular offices of their countries located on the territory of Uzbekistan, as well as members of their families have the right to enter and stay without visas for the entire period of work.
5. Introduced the system of issuing electronic entry tourist visas (e-visa.gov.uz) for foreign citizens, which has simplified the procedure of issuing visas (list of countries in Attachment 1);
Starting from March 15, 2019, new system of electronic entry visas with a validity period of 30 days has been introduced:
- double entry, with a consular fee of $ 35;
- multiple entry, with a consular fee of $ 50.
6. Introduced new short-term transit visa-free entry to the Republic of Uzbekistan for a period of five days for a citizens of several countries (list of countries in Attachment 2). In this case the foreigners must come through international airports of Uzbekistan, showing to frontier officer that they have an air ticket of “Uzbekistan Airways” National aircompany to a third country. This procedure is applying to transiting passengers wishing to explore the sights-seeing of Uzbekistan.
7. Uzbekistan and Japan issue visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.
The list of countries whose citizens can get electronic visa on “e-visa.gov.uz” or obtain tourist visas on the basis of simplified procedures at the consular offices of Uzbekistan
4. Antigua and Barbuda
14. Cape Verde
15. China (including Hong Kong)
17. Commonwealth of Dominica
18. Costa Rica
19. Cote d'Ivoire
24. El Salvador
37. Korea, Republic of
43. Marshall Islands
58. Saint Kitts and Nevis
59. Saint Lucia
60. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
62. Saudi Arabia
65. Solomon islands
66. South Africa
67. Sri Lanka
71. Trinidad and Tobago
Note: If necessary, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan has the right to impose restrictions on obtaining an electronic entry visa for foreign citizens for a period of up to 30 days.
The list of countries whose citizens can enjoy visa-free transit entry, stay up to 5 days
3. Antigua and Barbuda
9. China (including Hong Kong)
11. Costa Rica
13. Dominican Republic
15. Equatorial Guinea
38. Saint Kitts and Nevis
39. Saint Lucia
40. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
41. Saudi Arabia
43. South Africa
44. Sri Lanka
47. Trinidad and Tobago
48. Tunisian Republic